Monday, March 18, 2013

Reflection on Action/Creativity


This weekend it was very chaotic but and although we didn't stick exactly to our schedule my mom and I got our action time in. On Saturday we didn't get to go on our walk but I stayed home and I worked out for about 30 minutes; it was all the time that I could take. I had to work on my art pieces for my exhibition so I set a goal to try and move around as much as possible. I stood up and I walked around whenever I wasn't working on art. This was beneficial because not only did it help me to be more active in a sedentary activity, it helped me to get more creative with my piece. Walking around helped me to think and reflect on my piece. After this I helped my mom to bake for a birthday party that was going to take place on Sunday. 

Sunday morning I woke up and started baking with my mom. We both met our goals; we stayed up on our feet for about 3 hours and moved around and we also resisted eating any cupcakes although we did have to test our frosting. Making frosting was a new challenge for me. I had never made frosting on my own before so my mom helped me to develop this new skill and I found that I wasn't bad at it. Not only was this an active process it was also very creative. We decorated the cupcakes and my mom and I worked together to create a personalized cake for the birthday girl. Because cooking is a passion of mine, this activity was helpful because I plan to study the culinary arts when I go to college. This activity, although small, helps me to persevere and show commitment to this decision. 

The walk that was scheduled for Monday was missed because both my mom and I were extremely busy with taking care of assignments as well as my brother. By the time we had both finished with our work it was too late to go out and we were both extremely exhausted. Although it wasn't a planned physically active day we both were running around a lot and had been up and moving for the whole day. My mom and I both looked after my brother and that involved carrying him and walking around to try to get him to sleep. We did manage to get a substantial amount of exercise in our days but we didn't get it in the way that we had hoped. 

My goals for next week are to get outside more and walk around. I have an art exhibition coming up so I will try to be as active as I possibly can and keep myself moving. I definitely want to get started on our walks and challenges because I would like to show more commitment in those areas because they're important to me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment