Monday, March 4, 2013

Action

Last weekend was the restart of my walking plans with my mother. In order to push her and myself out of our comfort zones we decided that we'd take the long way and go to the market which was about 2.7km away from our house. Initially my mother wanted to drive to the American Embassy, which is about the same distance away from our house and walk to the market from there. Because this wasn't active enough for my tastes I planed and initiated a route to help the both of us undertake a new challenge and show perseverance. My mom was not very fond of the idea of walking all the way but once we got outside and started walking she started to love it. We decided to push ourselves and walk to the American Embassy and picked up some groceries and then walked to the market then walked home. This whole experience was rewarding because We both encouraged each other and worked collaboratively with each other in order to create a new plan of action. 

Yesterday we went on a short but much needed walk. Both my mom and I were very busy with school work and house work to take care of but we got outside for about 30 minutes and we walked around the block with my brother. Our goal for next week is to become more frequent in our walks and try to increase the distance we walk. Next week I plan to walk to Independence Square with her and walk laps around the field. 

No comments:

Post a Comment