Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Biggest Loser Challenge days 4 and 5


Day 4

            As the days progressed my week got more stressful and my healthy habits were becoming harder to maintain. The stress and workload and lack of sleep were becoming unmanageable for me and I felt like I wasn’t physically performing up to my potential. In order to get a small energy boost I had a small cup of coffee. Although it went against what my goal had initially set, it did help me significantly. I kept up the rest of my routine but by this time I was looking forward to the weekend.

Day 5 – Final Day

            On the final day I was extremely tired and exhausted from the week and I was looking forward to including coffee back into my diet. Every other goal that I had set for myself was easy to maintain and I was feeling good about achieving my goals, with exception to the coffee. Apart from being extremely tired, my body was feeling good physically and I could see a huge change in my attitude. I eliminated coffee from my diet because it was becoming somewhat of an addiction for me and I wanted to cut it out of the equation to see if I’d function more efficiently without it or crash without it. I found that from this weeklong detox that my body probably craves high levels of caffeine. When I introduced coffee back into my diet I started slowly in order to reduce the dependency my body had on caffeine. I wanted to be able to be energized with fruits and vegetables and proteins rather than caffeinated beverages and sugar.



Reflection:

            This experience has helped me tremendously to persevere and stick to my diet plans. It’s been about a month or so since I’ve started this biggest loser diet with my family and it's been going really well. With the time pressures of school and other activities I found it harder and harder to be active as consistently as I’d like to be but anywhere I can be active, whether it’s taking care of my brother and running around making him bottles and changing diapers, or just walking around with my mom and brother around the boardwalk. I try to find any way to be active when I can. I think I definitely have been pushed out of my comfort zone trying new things and tailoring them to fit me best. My goals for the next few weeks are to try to be more active and try to get into a consistent routine. That’s one of the most difficult things for me at the moment is to find the time to balance being active and have enough time to work and get a good nights sleep. 


No comments:

Post a Comment