Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Biggest Loser Challenge Day 2 and 3


Day 2, 3

            Day two was extremely easy for me. My mother and I went to buy groceries at the local market and came back home to prepare meals for the rest of the week. We walked around the market for about 45 to and hour and spent the rest of the day on our feet cooking and preparing food for the week. Our goal was to have healthy and tasty food on hand whenever we wanted instead of going for the easily accessible junk food. This process was actually a lot easier than I had expected. I was about to turn down the offer of going to the market and prepping food but then I remembered that I had to exercise at some point during the day for an hour at the very least. I wound up pushing past my goal of an hours exercise with pretty much a whole days worth of exercise. I remained active the entire day and when we were finished we rewarded ourselves with fruit smoothies. Completing my goal of eating a cup of fruit a day.

            Day three on the other hand was not as easy. A friend from the embassy put together a small belated birthday party for my mom’s birthday and decided to have a pig roast and make a big feast for us. Knowing full well that we had a competition ahead of us, we happily accepted the request and went to celebrate my mother’s birthday and my baby brother’s homecoming. Because I am allowed one cheat day to eat whatever I want, I decided today would be the day to do so. I was fairly disappointed because I didn’t want to have to use it so soon but I still stuck to my diet as well. I had my fruit and I still limited the intake of my “cheat” food and I played with my brother and our hosts’ child while the food was cooking.


No comments:

Post a Comment