Sunday, February 24, 2013

Reflection on Previous Activities and Goals for the Coming Weeks

While taking a look at my past activities and current activities I devised a more concrete plan to show my perseverance and commitment in my creative, active, and service activities. The activities that I have chosen to pursue are as follows:

CREATIVITY

For my creative activity I plan to complete one piece of creative writing a week. I will be given a prompt every Monday and will work on it all throughout the week. My ultimate goal is to improve my skills as well as develop new skills in writing and have a chance to have one of my pieces published in the American Embassy's newsletter that is viewed by 400+ people weekly.

ACTION

Every week I plan to go on walks with my mother. I will plan and initiate these walks and also work collaboratively with my mother in order to create an exercise routine. When I do not have a walk scheduled for us I plan to work out on my own in order to increase my strengths such as my endurance and physical strength. I want to show my perseverance by being consistent in my workout routine. I will also work collaboratively with the Marines at the American Embassy in order to reach my ultimate goal which is to participate in one of their PT sessions or more if I am able.

SERVICE

Although I am currently involved in the Cleft Lip and Palate group, I have decided that my previous group, RCCI, is more beneficial to be involved in. I have worked in this group before and feel like I can work collaboratively with others and show my perseverance while being engaged with an issue of global importance. RCCI has been a very rewarding group and I plan to utilize and develop my skills in working with the kids that we are involved with. 

No comments:

Post a Comment