Sunday, October 2, 2011

A is for Action!


On the first day of the IB orientation trip we spent the day with borderlands doing team building exercises. These exercises helped us to develop trust with our class mates. We also learned good communication skills as well as team work. On the rock climbing trip we strived to persevere and push out of our comfort zones. By facing the rock we gave ourselves a challenge that required not only to be strong physically but mental strength as well. When I began climbing the wall there was no doubt in my mind that I could climb it but once I got up on the wall, my feelings slowly began to change. With encouraging words from my friends and teachers I persevered and pushed through it and continued up the wall. Though I did not reach the point I would have liked, I still pushed through that fear and that alone was a great accomplishment.

No comments:

Post a Comment